Protect Yourself from Scammers
Unfortunately, scams are on the rise, so we are offering the following tips to help educate you on how to stay safe online and at home while conducting business with Providence Water.
Providence Water will never demand immediate payment through the use of a pre-paid card service or gift cards. Providence Water representatives cannot accept any form of payment over the phone. Customers can pay their bills securely online or over the phone through our contracted third-party billing system, InvoiceCloud. These options are always available for most water account needs:
📞 (866) 889-2683 for our free automated payment service
📧 firstname.lastname@example.org for billing related questions
🌐 Visit https://www.invoicecloud.com/provwaterri
Beware of callers who request personal information over the phone. If you receive a suspicious call from someone claiming to be from Providence Water and they do not know your account number, you should hang up and contact us at (401) 521-5070 for assistance. Never give out any personal information on the phone, including account numbers, until you confirm that you are speaking with an official Providence Water representative.
Customers should be cautious and ask for proper identification when anyone presents themselves as a Providence Water contractor or employee, especially when seeking access to a residence.
Be advised that:
- Providence Water makes appointments to visit a home or business to take meter readings or make meter repairs, or for new service installations. Unless special arrangements have been made with a customer, all appointments take place between 8:00am and 4:00pm.
- Providence Water employees and contractors must have an official Providence Water ID badge on their person when requesting entry to your property.
- All Providence Water field employees drive officially-marked vehicles when making customer calls.
- Residents must be home for a Providence Water representative to gain access to a home or business.
- Providence Water employees and contractors would never ask customers to leave their doors unlocked for any reason.
If there is any doubt as to the authenticity of a person representing him/herself as a Providence Water employee, customers should call (401) 521-6300 to verify if your visitor is there on official Providence Water business.