PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SCAM ArtisTS
Providence Water is offering customers (residential/commercial properties) the following tips on how to stay safe when conducting business with Providence Water.
Providence Water representatives cannot accept any form of payment over the phone and will never demand immediate payment using pre-paid or gift cards. Customers can pay their bills securely online or over the phone through our billing system, InvoiceCloud.
These options are always available for most water account needs:
📞 (866) 889-2683 for our automated payment service (Residential Only)
📧 firstname.lastname@example.org for billing related questions
🌐 Visit https://www.invoicecloud.com/provwaterri (Online/Automated Payments)
Beware of callers who request personal information over the phone. Never give out personal information over the phone, including account numbers, until you confirm that you are speaking with an official Providence Water representative. If you receive a call from someone claiming to be from Providence Water and they do not know your account number, you should hang up and contact us at (401) 521-6300 for assistance.
Providence Water employees and contractors carry official ID badges and drive company vehicles. Customers should be cautious and ask for proper identification when anyone presents themselves as a Providence Water contractor or employee, especially when seeking access to your residence, even during an emergency service call.
- All Providence Water appointments take place between 8:00am and 4:00pm, unless it’s an emergency or special arrangements have been made with the customer. Appointments are made for meter readings, repairs, or for new service installations.
- Providence Water employees and contractors must have an official Providence Water ID badge on their person when requesting entry to your property.
- Providence Water field employees drive officially marked vehicles when making customer calls.
- Customers must be home for a Providence Water representative to gain access to your property.
- Providence Water employees and contractors would never ask customers to leave their doors unlocked for any reason.
To verify the authenticity of a Providence Water employee or contractor, please call (401) 521-6300.